Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Simferopol Blues

My muse has been a bit preoccupied lately, so I haven't been writing as much as I want to.  So here is a quick post before I run off for the day.




A friend and I have decided to give each other weekly assignments to work on our photography skills.  This week the assignment is "blue."


Walking around Simferopol looking for blue, I've been reminded of some of my first impressions of the city.  Color seems to be at the same time in scarce supply and popping out brightly from every corner.  Graffiti, windows, doors and clothing jump out from the background of the city.





Yes, that's snow.

3 comments:

The Turkish Life said...

I love the idea you and your friend had about photography assignments! Looks like it's given you good inspiration too.

Anonymous said...

It's very nice work...you have a good eye.

Unknown said...

I also really like that you and your friend have little challenges or whatever you want to call them. ^ ^ I LOVE the ladies with the blue headscarves!