Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thinking about Bishkek

Aika and Daniel  hanging out at the Bishkek train station last spring

I wanted to write something about Kyrgyzstan and what has been happening this past week or so but I don't really know what to say.  As far as I know, everyone at the school I studied at is fine, but I haven't heard back from my old roommates yet.  I am sure they are all fine.  I am sure they will write back eventually, laughing like I used to when my mother would worry about me after a bomb went off in some remote neighborhood of Istanbul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, and laughing at your mother's fears is okay unless you wake up in the middle of night and call, "Mama", eh?

That's okay, I'm sure she laughs at your lack of understanding the importance of talking about the weather, too.