Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year, Mutlu Yıllar, С Новым Годом, З Новим Роком!

After a last minute Aerosvit cancellation and no promise of another flight for the next week, I rung in the New Year by jumping into a moving train in Simferopol with my mom and sister so they could catch their connection in Kyiv. I saw them off this morning and am now spending a few days in Kyiv before heading back.

I've been wanting to share some New Year wishes from Ukrainian political candidates that I've been collecting, but unfortunately in the rush to the train I left Yanukovich and Yuschenko's pictures (and my laptop) at home. Here is what I have on hand:

Tiger Yulia wish you happiness in the year of the white tiger!


Tyhypko (and his stunning resemblance to John Edwards, as Heidi pointed out) wish you happiness!





And for good measure, best wishes for everyone's happiness from the head of the Beyoğlu Municipality, who has been emailing me ever since I attempted to use the free Beyoğlu wi-fi:


Something about political holiday wishes entertains me greatly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not John Edwards. Mike Huckabee! Ahaha.

Sorry you left your other pictures at home. :( Hope you're having fun in Kyiv though.

Maggie Madagame said...

I love the "Heidi" picture, She sure does devour the reading material.

It's a great idea to pack light and when you get to Ukraine, buy what you need at the 2nd Hand stores, why carry boots and shoes, or even a dress for the opera???