Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Postcards

As you may remember from a previous post, I've been finding all sorts of things in my apartment left by previous tenants. I suppose if I started looking through the pile of my landlord's boxes in my bedroom:



I'd find even more.


Something notable I just found in a drawer is a collection of postcards from the 60's, 70's and 80's featuring various Soviet monuments and buildings. I'm still not sure how I feel about collecting Soviet memorabilia, but these postcards are interesting and shouldn't just be lying in a drawer. I would in theory feel bad about breaking up the sets, but a few already seem to be missing.



I've been looking for an excuse to get back in touch with people and send some postcards. Leave a comment or send an email with your mailing address if you'd like one. And on the off chance I have readers of this blog I don't know personally, I'd love to send you a postcard too! Just send me your address. They may come in an envelope as some are too large to send as a postcard.

No comments: